The Backend/API team is looking for a Rust Developer to expand our cutting-edge aggregator engine written in Rust. The engine manages all the scraped data coming from different data silos including websites and parse and analyze them on the go and is scalable to billions of records.
This role is crucial to releasing high-quality software to our existing customers and for new product development. Creating, maintaining, and scaling highly efficient, effective, and thorough development systems enables us to have higher confidence in our releases and changes.
Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems using cutting edge software development tools and practices. You will solve some of the most ambiguous and challenging problems in the data analytics space.
What You’ll Do
- Development of an internal, high performance aggregation engine in Rust
- Integration of aggregation engine with other internal tooling, e.g., modeling frameworks, automated test infrastructure, real-time simulations
- Working with other engineers to plan new features, use cases and integrations for the aggregation platform
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of relevant experience in software development, embedded development or similar
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency in a low-level language such as Rust
- Willingness to learn and program in Rust for the majority of your work
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Knowledge of version control (Git) and continuous integration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with the team
- You are passionate about data analytics work and enabling others to go faster with the tooling you develop